Legacy and Planned Giving
Making a Difference Today and... Tomorrow....
Our vision is to provide a venue for parishioners, alumni, and friends of Nativity of Mary Catholic Church & School to make remembrance gifts for long-term support of parish and school programs of their selection.
Since 1949, Nativity of Mary has celebrated God's love through faith experiences and programs involving worship, ministry, education, social justice, and community outreach. The quality of these experiences and programs is due to the generous financial and volunteer support of the entire parish.
As Nativity of Mary looks toward the future, we must adopt to the changing needs and new demands by implementing a new vision. For this vision to become a reality, a steady source of income must be maintained.
You have the opportunity to leave an indelible mark on the lives of others bringing them hope for years to come. Your legacy can support our community by including a gift provision for Nativity in your Will through a specific asset, dollar amount or percentage of your estate.
"We have chosen to be long-term supporters of Nativity by contributing to the Endowment Fund.
We know our gift will be multiplied and used effectively for future needs."
- Tom & Jan S.
Ways to Make a Gift
Gifts to the Legacy and Planned Giving Program may be used in support of Nativity of Mary specifically designated priorities. The Nativity of Mary Legacy & Planned Giving Program is prepared to receive gifts in various ways:
- Bequests of personal and/or real property may be made by leaving a specific directive in your Will, naming Nativity as the recipient/beneficiary of your legacy gift.
- Bequests are usually personal property gifts of your liquid assets such as cash, stocks, life insurance policy and bonds.
- Non-liquid assets you own (automobiles, furniture, collectibles) are also considered personal property.
- Your real property is the real estate that you own or co-own (primary residence, vacation home, multi-housing unit).
- Additional facilities for the Parish can address issues of space constraints and provide opportunities for outreach activities.
- Deferred or Planned Gifts are consider personal property & a liquid asset. Life insurance policies and certain types of trusts and annuities are examples of a deferred/planned gift.
With Gifts of $1,000 or more, you will be recognized as a Nativity of Mary Legacy Society Benefactor.
How will the Legacy and Planned Giving Funds be used at Nativity?
Any of the gifts may be designated for one or more of the following Legacy programs at Nativity:
- Mortgage Reduction
- Faith Formation
- School Scholarships
- Capitol – Additions or Upgrades
With just a few sentences in your Will, you can make a difference in our Parish for years to come. Please prayerfully consider leaving a legacy of support for the next generation to call Nativity home. To learn more how your financial, estate planning and gift topics may leave a lasting impact at Nativity, please contact our Director of Parish Operations, Joanne Rachel, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (952)881-8671.