Are you tired of staring at screens all day, yet desiring to continue to feed your soul spiritually? Our parish library collection is now visible online, and you can request books for pick-up! Books may be requested following this protocol, and can be picked up anytime the Church is open.
Guidelines for Checking out Books during COVID-19
The Nativity of Mary Parish Library is a great source for inspiration and learning while spending more time at home. You can view the list of books available on this spreadsheet.
As the Caritas Room, where the Library is located, has been closed since mid-March, the books have not been exposed to many hands. While the Caritas Room remains closed, the library itself is now open, utilizing this procedure:
- Browse available books by Title, Author, or Category on the Library Spreadsheet.
- Email Mary Dobson at email@example.com with book requests. If a patron does not have email, call the parish office at 952-881-8671 and the request will be forwarded to Mary. Please be sure to leave your name and phone number if requesting by phone, so that you can be contacted when your request is ready for pick-up.
- Requests will be gathered (with gloved hands) and placed on a shelf, labeled with the name, inside Door 1 (North Lot) for pickup whenever the Church doors are open.
- You will receive an email or phone call when your request is ready for pickup.
- The parish library does not have firm due dates. Books may be returned by placing them on an empty shelf that does not have a label (An empty shelf with a label will indicate that shelf has not yet been sanitized after pickup).
- Shelves will be sanitized after pick up. Any book that is returned will be held for at least 72 hours before being sent out or re-shelved to ensure that it does not becomea carrier of any viruses or bacteria.