Five First Saturdays at the Nativity of Mary Church
When the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three shepherd children at Fatima, she requested her devoted children worldwide should dedicate the first Saturday of the month, for five consecutive months, to prayer, confession, and attending Mass. These prayers requested by our Blessed Mother in Fatima are now commonly known as the “Five First Saturdays” devotion.
Since this devotion is considered by some to be the “unfulfilled part of the Fatima message", here at the Nativity of Mary Church, Fr. Cassian Sama, OP, is inviting all to join him in honoring heaven’s request by starting this devotion on the first Saturday of the month in February, 2023. We will honor the four elements of this devotion:
- Going to Confession
- Receiving the Sacrament of Holy Communion
- Saying five decades of the Rosary
- Meditating for 15 minutes on the mysteries of the Rosary
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament & Confessions 8:00 am-8:50 am
- Holy Mass 9:00 am- 9:30 am
- Adoration and Short Sermon 9:45 am-10:15 am
- Rosary Prayer 10:15 am-10:45 am
- Personal silent meditation on the Rosary mysteries 10:45 am-11:00am
- Anointing of the Sick and Benediction 11:00am -11: 30am (Blessing of religious articles in the gathering space: rosaries, medals, olive oil, salt, water, scapulars, incense, images etc)
Fruits of This Devotion
1. Our Lady promised to “assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation.” This means that our Blessed Mother will be present at the hour of death with the actual grace of final perseverance.
2. This devotion obtains the conversion of sinners.
3. In God’s Providence, Our Lady promises peace in the world will depend on this devotion.
Please, invite others to come and honor Mother Mary’s requests to receive the graces, healing, and benefits she desires to grant us through this devotion.
- February 4th
- March 4th
- April 1st
- May 6th
- June 3rd
- July 1st
- August 5th
- September 2nd
- October 7th
- November 4th
- December 2nd
Fr. Cassian Sama, OP
Dominican promoter of the Rosary Confraternity of the Province of St. Albert the Great
2833 32nd Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55406