Public Mass Protocol: Phase II
In the wake of the agreement between Archbishop Hebda and Governor Walz, Catholic parishes are now permitted to hold public Masses, provided they have met certain conditions required by the Archdiocese. Due to our concern for the welfare of our parishioners as well as love of our neighbors, we at Nativity are striving to be as thorough and prudent as possible, while still making the sacraments of the Church accessible to the faithful. We ask for your charity and compliance in our endeavors to best serve our community.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists anywhere people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Precention, senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to COVID-19. Nativity of Mary Catholic Church has undertaken precautionary cleaning, disinfecting, and implemented social distancing guidelines to help reduce the risk of exposure. However, Nativity of Mary Catholic Church cannot guarantee that vistors are 100% safe from exposure to COVID-19. Therefore, Nativity of Mary Catholic Church recommends that people over 65 or with underlying health conditions not attend Mass at this time and continue to worship online. Attendance at liturgies is at your own risk.
Please familiarize yourself with the policies linked below before attending Mass at Nativity:
**updated July 1, 2020**
Procedures for Mass Parking Lot Communion Procedures
Currently, Nativity of Mary is offering Masses in 2 ways:
- Masses in the Church.
- Weekend Masses: starting July 4, 2020, we are resuming our regular 3 Mass times in the Church: Saturday 4:00pm; Sunday 8:30am; and Sunday 10:30am. Please note that while masks are encouraged at all Masses, masks are required at the 8:30am Masses.
- ALL weekend Masses will be transmitted at 106.7 FM if you would like to worship from your car in the parking lots.
- From 9:30-10:00am in the SOUTH parking lot, drive-through communion will be offered.
- Weekday Masses will be offered on Tuesdays at 6:00pm, and Wednesday–Friday at 8:00am in the church.
- Online Masses
- Each week, our Saturday 4:00pm Mass is livestreamed and uploaded to our Youtube Channel page. You can worship with us live beginning at 4:00pm on Saturday or watch it later. Links to the Worship Aids can be found in the video descriptions.
For all Masses in the Church:
Per the new directives from the Archdiocese in accordance with the agreement with Governor Walz, we are now only able to have a maximum of either 25% capacity or 250 people (whichever number is less) inside of the church proper at any given time. Our capacity may be even less as we work to safely socially distance different households. The Gathering Space has been emptied with single chairs around the perimeter to allow for people who do not feel comfortable in the church proper to be on site but more socially distanced. Thus, if you do not feel comfortable inside of the church proper, you are able to take a chair and set it at a distance that you feel most comfortable with while still being able to participate in the Mass. This will also let us know when a chair has been touched so that we can clean it after the liturgy.